hg体育官网A dual Doctor of Pharmacy/Master of Science in Gerontology degree provides extensive education and training in the unique health care needs of older adults. Traditionally, this expertise had to be acquired independently; this dual-degree program allows graduates to pursue advanced positions at an early stage in their careers. This five-year program offers more depth and rigor than the PharmD/Certificate in Gerontology.
Admission Requirements and Application Process
Students interested in the dual PharmD/MSG degree must be accepted by both programs.
hg体育官网Requirements for admission include:
- a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- a minimum GRE score of 1000 (requirement may be waived if GPA is greater than 3.0)
- Students will not be given special consideration for admission to either program because they are applying for the dual degree.
- Students accepted to the dual-degree program must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA in their Gerontology and PharmD courses.
Students may apply to the dual PharmD/MSG degree program in two ways:
- Submit applications to both programs simultaneously.
- Identify yourself on both applications as a potential dual-degree student.
- If you are admitted to both programs, you will be offered admission to the PharmD and contingent admission to the MSG program, pending your passage of all courses in the first year of the PharmD program with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- If you are accepted by only one program, you may choose to attend that program, but will not be eligible for the dual degree.
Apply for the dual degree after acceptance to PharmD
- You may instead submit an application to the MSG program during your first two years of enrollment in the PharmD, prior to the MSG published application deadline.
- If you choose this option, you must apply through the School of Pharmacy.
- If you are admitted to the MSG program, you will be offered admission to the dual degree if you pass all courses in your first year of the PharmD program with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
hg体育官网For more information, please call the School of Pharmacy at (323) 442-1469 or the USC Andrus Gerontology Center at (213) 740-5156.