Direct Graduate PLUS Loan
- This loan is available to US citizens and permanent residents.
- If you need additional financing after you have borrowed the full Direct Unsubsidized Loan amount, you may wish to consider this low-interest, credit-based federal loan.
- The current interest rate is fixed at 7.08% for loans disbursed between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020.
- Postpone payments up to 60 months while student is in school at least half-time.
- There is no pre-payment penalty.
- A Federal Origination Fee will be deducted from each disbursement:
- A 4.248% origination fee will be deducted on loans first disbursed on or after October 1, 2018 and before October 1, 2019. Starting October 1, 2019 and before October 1, 2020, the origination fee will be 4.236%.
More information about .
Private Financing Programs
- U.S. citizenship/permanent resident status is not required.
- A student can borrow up to cost of attendance, including tuition, mandatory fees, room and board, books and supplies, and transportation.
- For U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizens students, it is advisable for students to apply for all federal Title IV (Direct Stafford and Graduate PLUS loans) education loan programs that are available before considering a private educational loan program. The repayment terms of the federal loan programs may be more favorable than the terms of the private loan programs and may not be included in the Federal Direct Consolidation Loans.
- Interest rates, origination and repayment fees are based on the creditworthiness of the student borrower and/or the co-borrower.
- Repayment generally begins immediately after full loan disbursement.
- In-school deferments, grace periods and forbearances may be available. Ask your lender for more information.
More information about